Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Vacation this weekend in the Middle of Ecuador

After my first week of work, I decided it was time for a little R and R in Banos, Ecuador. That is a 3 and 1/2 hour ride on a comfortable bus for $3.75. I met a nice friend, Laura, who practiced English with me the whole trip.

I love Banos. It is known for its warm mineral baths. I have yet to partake in the baths, however, I had a wonderful fish lunch with a delicious Cappuccino. I took a Saturday night stroll around town and decided this is a very good place. It is at the base of a volcano that was active as recently as the 90's. I am staying at the backpacker hostel. I met 3 girls at the bus station who were headed to this hostel, so I said why not? For $7 a night it is a great place to stay. Eat, pray, love was on in the common area. I love that movie. I am on a eat, pray, love journey, too.

Teaching feels very rewarding. I have 1 student who is a controller at Nestle. I see him 3 times a week. I have a family that I am teaching that are pre beginners. It is fun. I see them Tues. Wed. and Thurs. nights from 6:30 t0 7:30. I start my 2nd class this week with 3 other Nestle employees. They are at the Intermediate level.

My employer, Inlingua, offers a free 10 hour course in how to teach the Inlingua way. It is excellent. The class is an added bonus I had not anticipated. Next week I teach for 12 hours. It is great to have free time. I hope to learn more Spanish this next week. I will inquire at Inlingua on Monday about their Spanish classes. I applied this last week at the Wall St. Institute of English Language and at Education First (EF.) I will contact them again this week.

The weather here in Ecuador suits me well. It is usually about 65 to 70 during the day. It has only rained 2 of the 17 days I have been here.

No comments:

Post a Comment