Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Internet Cafe found for $1.00 an hour

The prices in Ecuador are good. The best values are massages, fresh fruits and vegetables, manicures, and transportation by Taxi or bus. With the dollar as their currency, it makes it easy to do the $ thing. They use centavos as well as American coins. I have challenged my students to find quarters with the states on the back. Since my challenge, I have found only 1 quarter from Massachusettes.

At Inlingua, where I am employed, they have a small library of paperback books. I checked out the Prince of Tides. I like Pat Conroy´s books and it has been many years since I saw the movie and read the book. Pat is from the marshland near Charleston, S.C. I have read every book he has written. I also have read every book John Grissolm has written. What do you enjoy reading?

Are you on Skype? I really enjoy talking to and seeing my friends while out of the country. I have been here 19 days now. Each day, I come to the realization I need to learn Spanish. I have very interesting conversations with the Taxi drivers. I found one today who spoke some English. We laughed and laughed at our attempts at each others language. I AM LEARNING MUCH EACH DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment