Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 19, 2010

A dozen roses for $1.00

That is what I said. 1 dollar. They look a bit spent, however they were definitely worth a dollar. Ecuador exports many roses. When I worked for Horizon Air, I would often see roses coming in to Eugene, OR from Ecuador.

I bought them for the family I teach.

I am going to stop by the flower stand on my way home and find out how much the really fresh ones cost.

No day old bakery items, here. There is a pastry shop right across from where I teach English at Nestle. I asked the employees if they had any "day old" pastries. The did not speak English. A 24 year old girl eating at the shop translated my request into Spanish for me. No they do not have them here. The girl, Gabriela, went to Converse University in South Carolina. She is from Guayaquil, Ecuador and is here in Quito for a week attending an architecture conference. We chatted over breakfast.

I am done teaching for the day. I teach Monday-Friday from 7:30am to 9:00am. I teach Monday -Thursday at night from 6:30pm to 7:30pm. I have plans to go out with my teacher friends tomorrow night.

Today, I saw a Berlitz language school when I visited Miquel's office. I am going to stop by and see if they need my services. I am looking to add more teaching to my schedule.

This week I worked about 13 hours. It is a real luxury to have so much free time.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I know I will,.

No comments:

Post a Comment