Total Pageviews

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 29, 2011

A night on the farm, an unexpected treat!


     My trip began on Thursday. I got out of my apartment by 10:15 am. I went to Latacungo, Ecuador. That is where I am now, after spending two lovely days in Sasquisili and Tigua. I went to the art gallery in Tigua, thinking I could stay at the hostel beside it. That hostel has been closed for remodeling for 2 years, I discovered. I met the famous painter, Alfredo Toaquiza, and his wife and son. For $5 they took me back down the rode a couple of miles to a place I had read about in the Lonely Planet Guide to Ecuador. It turned out to be a great place to stay with a hospitable couple who have been married for 30 years. The farmhouse is 128 years old and it has been in his family for generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment